Relevant Skills & Software
HTML5, XHTML, CSS, Photoshop, Illustrator, WordPress, jQuery, OpenACS templating, Moodle, Joomla, PHP, HTML e-mail templating, SEO optimization, web accessibility. Some familiarity with Liferay and eZ Publish.
Relevant Work Experience
Front End Developer at Web Advanced
February 2012 – Present
I work with small teams of designers, IAs, front-end and back-end developers to build websites for our clients.
- Front-end development on a variety of sites for many different clients
- UX design (Occasional responsibility)
- Coding and sending HTML e-mails
August 2008 – Present
I work with clients to implement designs for their websites in various platforms. Most of the work I do is PSD to WordPress theme or PSD to HTML for more simple pages.
- (Current) Working with Fraunces Tavern Museum to give them a new, current website with both design and development
- Worked with Microfinance Opportunities to bring their website from design to working WordPress theme
- Christian Science Monitor DC Decoder Tumblr Theme
- Various projects for berkleemusic.com (prior to hire), including html emails and landing pages.
Front End Web Developer at Berklee Media (Boston, MA)
May 2009 – January 2012
At Berklee I spend the majority of my time getting PSD files from our designer and converting them into web pages on our site. I was part of the push toward more accessible pages and a more semantic website in general. My time was split between creating new pages and updating old legacy sections of the site to new design standards.
- Implemented designs for the home page, various landing pages, and other parts of the berkleemusic.com site
- Design for landing pages and pages to go on partners’ websites
- Implemented new design for Berklee’s learning management system with our Interaction Design Principal
HTML Production Assistant at the CS Monitor (Boston, MA)
June 2007 – May 2009
From the humble start of simple HTML updates to the front page to exhibit the latest news, to developing landing pages for our special news series and later being a part of the development team bringing the WordPress minisites to life, I learned a lot and grew as a front end developer.
- Updated front page daily for first 5 months
- Worked with team to launch and maintain new WordPress minisites
- Built HTML specials for news series to be viewed on the web
- Built Flash audio player
- Developed and maintained Little Bill Clinton WordPress blog
Education and Activities
University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Fall 2002 – Spring 2007
- Bachelor’s Degree with Individual Concentration (BDIC) in Computer Graphics and Design (BA) and Japanese Minor.
- TA for Fundamentals of Graphic Communication (2004-2007)
- President of the UMass Video Game Club (2004-2005)